Supreme Court Bar Admissions
About Bar Admissions
These records are requests to the Supreme Court by attorneys seeking approval to practice law within the state. The collection spans the years 1868 to 1950.
The information contained in the record varies from person to person, but files usually include:
- name of the person requesting approval
- county where they live
- date of the application
- date they were granted a license in Colorado to practice law
Additionally, many of the bar admission files may include:
- letters of recommendations from other attorneys, judges or law schools
- where the person practiced law before coming to Colorado
- letter of approval and acceptance from the Supreme Court
- copy of their law school diploma and/or license from a previous state
How to Find Information
Many of the Supreme Court Bar Admissions can be found using our Archives Search index.